Amazon Index Checker Overview
Amazon provides sellers the option of entering hidden keywords/ search terms. This section should include generic keywords that enhance the discoverability of your Amazon product. Just because they are not visible to buyers, never neglect optimizing your backend keywords. Check the indexing information as well as the PageRank for your backend keywords.
What are backend keywords?Amazon Backend Keywords are the ones that are used at the ‘Backend’ section of the Seller Central account. Here’s where you can find it:
- From Seller Central click on the Inventory tab > Manage Inventory.
- On the far right you will see ‘Edit’ against each active product.
- Click on the “Edit” button to open the seller backend ‘Edit Product Info’ screen. You’ll automatically arrive at the ‘Offer’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Keywords’ tab.
- Here you will find the “Search Terms” section.
If they are not visible to the buyer, why is it important to check the indexing?Backend keywords are as important as on-page keywords. These keywords are not found in the product listing but have a great influence in bringing organic traffic and therefore increasing the rank of a product. Backend keywords are important for two reasons.
- All the keywords that can't fit into the copy of the product listing can go here. It gives additional space to add more keywords
- The backend keywords can contain terms that do not agree with the aesthetics of the page.
They may include
- famous abbreviations lotr - Lord of the Rings
- alternate names that people use search for products E.g. If you are selling claw hammers, you will also want to target people searching nail pounder, nail ripping tool
- topics to find relevant products esp. Books
The book ‘The Shadow Beast (An Adventure in Time)’ can have time travel in its backend.
Install Free Amazon keyword ranking & index check tool by SellerApp - The most accurate Amazon seller tool for all amazon market places.
Want to learn more?
Still have questions?
If you're a bit lost, hit up the help team or chat your query.