Amazon PPC Automation – Commonly Asked Questions | SellerApp
1. What are the available automation rules for my PPC campaigns?
At present, we have 3 rule-based algorithms that you can choose to automate your campaigns.
Money saver allows you to reduce wasted ad spend from low and non-converting search terms. With this automation rule, you’ll be able to reach your target ACoS by improving negative targeting.
Use this rule to target a specific return on investment for your campaign. All you need to do is set a maximum target ACoS or a minimum RoAS and let SellerApp do the magic.
Our machine-learning algorithms will target your ACoS/RoAS benchmark and actively explore potential keywords in the campaign. The software automatically changes bids to reach your campaign goals.
Opt for this rule if you want to increase your visibility and conversions. SellerApp’s algorithms will allow you to optimize your bids to reach more potential customers and thus improving your conversion rates.
Use this rule if you want to set different advertising budgets for specific hours of the day.
For example, if you know from historical sales data your product gets more conversions in the evening from 6-9 pm, you can set the maximum ad budget during that time. Similarly, if the conversion rate is least during 1 -7 am, you can set a lower ad budget for that time.
2. Can I run two rules simultaneously?
Yes, you can. However, the Money saver rule can be turned on simultaneously with any other automation rule. On the other hand, a campaign can only have one of ROI Optimizer or Keyword Harvester enabled.
3. What if two rules overlap?
At present, SellerApp experts will review the rules you create to make sure that the rules aren’t working against your campaigns. However, we suggest you verify before you create the rules to avoid such issues.
4. What is the difference between ‘All Enabled’ and ‘All campaigns’ in the ‘Select Source’?
In the ‘Source’ section, you will find three options to choose from.
- All campaigns – Includes all the existing campaigns in your AMS account
- All Enabled – Includes all the active campaigns from your AMS account
- Select manually – Allows you to select specific campaigns manually
5. Why does the campaign data look different in SellerApp and Amazon console?
In some cases, you may notice a difference in the campaign performance metrics as reported from the Amazon advertising console and SellerApp dashboard. This can be due to different attribution windows. (e.g. For sales: 14 days). These differences should be negligible within the attribution window and should be resolved once the attribution window is closed.
6. How to identify the days and times of the week when you want to set the maximum ad budget
To start with dayparting, you have first to identify the days of the week your products get the maximum sales.
If you’ve been selling on Amazon for a while, finding this information isn’t difficult.
- Log in to your Seller Central account.
- Go to Reports→ Business Reports → Sales and Traffic.
- Download the last 3 or 6 month’s data. Open the .csv file.
- Add a Day column against the date.
- Insert a simple pivot table with “Day” as rows and “Unit ordered” as values.
- From this data, you can easily identify the days of the week that got the maximum sales in the last 6 months. For example, in this data, you can see that the product is getting maximum sales on Tuesday, followed by Thursday, Monday, and Wednesday.
- To see what time of the day your product gets more sales, go to Reports→ Business Reports → Sales Dashboard.
For example, here you can clearly see that the products are getting more sales between 2 – 9 am and 3 – 9 pm.
Based on these insights, you can easily set up dayparting for your campaigns and optimize your ad spend.