Facebook is, without a doubt, a very powerful resource. With over 1.8 billion users monthly, it should come as no surprise that even businesses around the world are taking advantage of the positive benefits that Facebook brings. Today, it is no longer used just for social media purposes; it’s also being utilized for its digital marketing capacities.
Also, the broad population of Facebook is your most significant advantage. Whatever business it is you’re running and regardless of the industry or niche you belong to, you’re sure to find at least a portion of your market on Facebook, where a worldwide population is all at your fingertips.
With that being said, here are some of the advertising benefits that your business can gain through this avenue:
Into this: So, if you want to know more about facebook advertising and advertising benefits that your business can gain through this avenue, let’s dive in:
1. Helps Target A Specific Audience
In marketing, you don’t just target a general group of audience. Else, you’re working on a spectrum that’s going to be too wide. The danger of this is that you may not be sure as to whether or not the majority of this broad audience is what speaks to the needs and specifications of your business. With Facebook Advertising, this problem is addressed.
It’s very important to be able to identify and target a specific market group for the following reasons:
- It enables you to direct and focus your attention and resources towards a group of customers that has high potential for sales growth.
- It’s easier to draft specific messages, which target a specific group of people identified as your prospects.
- It helps spark more interest in your products and services.
- It better enables your business to reach the right group of people.
- It builds loyalty to the brand that you’re creating.
The demographics of Facebook are particular–gender, age, population group, and specific region they belong to. When ads are put up, it’s pretty much straightforward for you to view and filter through the viewers or subscribers if these speak as your target audience. This is because these demographics are often seen on each of the Facebook subscribers’ profiles. Some of the most common information that they don’t withhold from including are their birthday, educational attainment, gender, status, and current employment. Because of the presence of these pieces of information, you don’t even have to fish for them anymore.
Facebook is excellent in the following areas of advertising:
- Targeting a specific audience
- Creating custom audiences, which may be different from your prior audiences
2. You’re Exposed To A Very Wide Reach
Since Facebook’s population is international, you basically got access to the whole world. Approximately one-fifth of the world is at your disposal. That’s an astounding number of the potential target market that you can have right at the tip of your hands. This exposes your business to a more global market. This also means that the efforts you make in line with your marketing campaigns aren’t efforts that only prove to be futile.
As a business, this is an extensive market reach for you to just take for granted. Where else can you find that number of the world’s population to which you can expose your business? Success in business also has a lot to do with popularity. When your own venture is exposed to this thriving market, then all the more popular your business becomes.
3. Enables You To Focus On Content
One of the most critical highlights of Facebook to take note of is its ability to focus on content. In digital marketing, the content speaks volumes. Of all the social media sites, it’s on Facebook that businesses have the most opportunity and leeway to focus on their content.
Facebook Advertising is very modern, but, through content, it also connects with some of the more traditional yet effective facets of advertising. Remember that in putting up advertisements, it’s through the content that you get to speak a lot about your products and services. Here, you’re able to answer questions relating to how and why the general public should purchase and patronize your offerings.
Here are some of the key reasons why content is very important:
- It helps your site and social media page reach the top landing results of search engines, as these search engines will know what your page is all about.
- It educates your audience, helping them decipher better whether or not your product or service is for them.
- It provides compelling and deeper information about what your products and services are all about.
- It feeds the standards set by Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- It provides an excellent opportunity for link-building strategies
- It’s where the right keywords can be inserted.
4. Helps Influence Buying Decisions
As a Facebook user yourself, have you ever come across an ad or a photo of a product or a service that looked so enticing while browsing your feed? If yes, the next thing you probably did was get a hold of it. Perhaps, you were too captivated by it that you instantly booked a holiday to that resort or had a table reserved for you and your partner in that restaurant. Yes, such a thing could really happen because of Facebook’s innate ability to influence buying decisions.
Here’s how Facebook advertising influences buyer decisions:
- It helps spark social conversations of buyers online.
- It offers tons of trustworthy information that helps educate individuals about your products and services.
- It appeals to the millennials or to the younger generations.
- It tells a story of how important or how beneficial your products and services are.
- It engages online customers.
- It employs more realistic advertising techniques.
Facebook is one of the biggest influencers of purchases. When people see the general public patronize a certain product, they end up buying one for themselves, too. Because it’s a handy platform, it helps in getting consumers talking more about products. It keeps the hype going up.
5. Creates Appealing Visuals
Apart from the text itself, another facet of the content that’s very important has to do with the visuals. There’s power in the ability of Facebook advertising to create appealing visuals. This is precisely one of the underlying reasons why it has become so effective in its marketing campaigns. Facebook is competent in posting and creating appealing visuals to spark the interest of the audience that you’re trying to reach.
Remember these essential tips, too, when creating visuals concerning Facebook ads:
- Avoid generic stock photography
- Ensure that your images are unique and have their own personality
- Include videos as well
These tips for advertising your eCommerce store on Facebook through visuals are a great place for you to start creating your ads.
6. Tells A Story
Effective ads tell moving stories. You have to convince the people viewing your ads why they need to buy your products and avail your services. What’s the relevance of your goods to their daily lives? What problems do you seek to solve through the presence of your goods? When your ads tell a compelling story, you’ll undoubtedly have orders flocking in like it’s the Black Friday Sale.
Remember that when you’re viewing an ad, you don’t remember statistics. People don’t care that your soap is effective at removing 99.99% of germs, as almost all soaps claim to do that, anyway. Ad viewers are more convinced when they remember the story.
To get started with telling a story through advertising, keep in mind the following pointers:
- Use common story formulas.
Here’s a common example used in digital marketing:
- Act 1. This part is where you describe the current or old world. This world is facing a problem, and is in dire need of a hero, which is your product or service.
- Act 2. This is the start of the journey, whereby the hero–your product or service–is introduced. Then, its benefits are also given.
- Act 3. This is the new and better world. Because of your product or service, there is now a happily ever after.
- Insert humor. This will keep your ad interesting.
- Use Facebook Advertising’s carousel ads. This is the feature that allows you to string images together in a visual and interactive narrative. Having this will keep the mobile users scrolling to the other images in the string.
- Be very creative. This will keep you competitive. You don’t want to bore out the social media users viewing your ads.
- Hide some information. Leave some areas hidden so that viewers of your ads on Facebook will feel the need to contact you. When these viewers start to contact you, these individuals form a part of your lead. Hence, you’ve also hit another marketing strategy through lead generation. Even if they don’t end up buying anything from you after they’ve contacted, you can add them to your contacts list. Should a next promotion come by, you can easily reach out to them.
- Always include company values. Today, for instance, environmentalism is a big plus factor when it comes to people’s purchasing decisions.
7. Offers Robust Analytics
One of the best ways for you to analyze if your marketing campaigns are successful is through studying their analytics. In simpler terms, the analytics refers to your statistics. How much of your target audience has been reached by your ads in a specific period? Have your ads translated to profits? In terms of analytics, Facebook leads in terms of effectivity.
Here’s how the analytics of Facebook ads works to your advantage:
- Enables you to track the progress of each of your ads
- Enables you to analyze the statistics readily laid out for you, thus you don’t have to worry about the conversion
- Allows better adjustment of your ads (based on what’s needed for you to achieve your goals)
- Helps you gain insights on matters such as clicks and sales
8. Gathers Leads Faster
Your business leads are those that fall within your target market, but you haven’t quite reached them just yet. These are people that you could potentially convert into paying clients. However, you still have to find that perfect match that will connect you (the seller or service provider) to them (the buyers or customers).
Here are some tips to follow to help your company gather leads faster through Facebook Advertising:
- Gather the specific group of demographics for your audience.
- Create buyer personas, and always focus your strategies on these pieces of information.
- Always track the progress of every potential client identified as a lead.
- Establish authority on Facebook.
- Focus on the quality, rather than the number, of your social media leads.
With Facebook advertising, you’re not only able to focus on your current target audience; you can gather leads faster as well. With Facebook ads, you’re not just limited to liking specific pages; you also have access to these people’s contact information, such as their addresses. That way, it’s easier for you to reach out to potential leads through other lead generation means that are also more personal, such as email marketing.
9. Costs Cheaper Than Other Forms Of Digital Marketing
Facebook Ads is one of the cheapest marketing strategies in digital marketing, a very attractive opportunity, especially for small and medium-scale businesses. When you don’t have much to spend on advertising, run to advertising on Facebook. Despite its low cost, it’s also one of the most effective ones, too.
As for bigger companies, advertising on Facebook can also serve as their trial ground. Because it costs cheaper, here they can test out marketing campaigns that they have before putting them out to the general public. Should there be any major revisions that need to be done, it will not cost as much in the pocket in comparison with other forms of marketing.
All thanks to technology, there are now many different forms of advertising that businesses can take advantage of. Each of them has their own advantages and disadvantages. But, as can be gleaned from above, Facebook Advertising is–and, most probably, will continue to be–one of the most powerful. As the population on the Internet continuously increases, the advantages of Facebook Advertising continue to get stronger as well. With minimal effort, businesses like yours have a wide reach. At the tip of your fingers, you have a global market at your reach. If you feel like your business is in dire need of marketing changes today, it’s worth considering signing up for Facebook Advertising.
As an online entrepreneur, Peter Difatta understands how important it is to keep up with the times. Aside from selling high-quality products, Jeffrey regularly updates his knowledge about market trends and Search Engine Optimization practices.
Jeffrey usually ends his busy by writing articles on online marketing and SEO for entrepreneurs.